Takenaka strives to go beyond the traditional Japanese culinary to spread out our authentic taste with aesthetic approaches from East Vancouver. Expanding the possibility in our cuisine through making signature Bento Box, Sushi and many more items including our original product for retail. We’re seeking chef and line cook who has ambition to improve yourself with curiosity.
Our kitchen is placed within the shared commissary where has a diverse environment with varied ethnicity. Team members enjoy communicating with chefs in the other kitchen, or get opportunities to learn varied kinds of creative culinary besides of our job. You can improve your skills even if you’ve already worked as a skilled chef as there is some special equipment which is rare to find in the ordinary kitchen.
What you will do
- Prepare food items and cook complete Japanese dishes
- Ensure that the food preparation area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of shift
- Oversee kitchen operation and supervise helpers
- Maintain inventory and record accurate food and all the supplies
- May plan menus and costs based on food ingredients and monitor and order supplies
- May train new kitchen staff
- Available Full-time or Permanent
- 1~2 years of commercial cooking experience preferred
- No educational requirement
- Must communicate with English, Japanese speaking skills are plus
- Available to work between 8:30-22:00. Timesheet based
Wage: $16.6-18/hour (depending on Experience)
30-40hours per week
4% vacation pay
Meals for employees
1370 E Georgia St Vancouver BC V5L2A8
We will only get back to candidates with who we would like to move forward to the interview stage. We can’t wait to hear from you!
* Required fields